Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Lovin life!

Alright guys!!! Today was amazing! I was told yesterday that all peace corps volunteers go through stages, the first being the honey moon. I was wondering when I would fully feel that and today was it!
I got my Langley assignment!!! I'm going to Dangriga (for the next 5.5 weeks) and I'm learning Garufuna!!! I didn't realize it until I got it but it is perfect for me!!! I'm seriously so excited! Africa roots, amazing dancing!! I don't know much about it, but from what I have been told none of the youth speak it so we know that our host families will speak English. I know that for at least training we will have electricity. I also been told that the three of us learning this are the first three to learn Garufuna in the Peace Corps! AMAZING!!!!!
Tomorrow I move in with my host family and than we have 4 days off, Easter is a BIG thing here. Than on Tuesday we start language and tech training. I'm ready to learn what I'll be doing and more about Garufuna!

OK guys! send mail! I haven't gotten any! ok.. to be fair it take awhile and I heard that I should be keeping my eye out for some.. but that lack of emails??? Come on!!!! :)

Other than this everything is amazing! I got a phone and if you would like my number send me a email! I have free incoming call and apparently it's not too expensive to text either!

Alright, Happy thought from Monday night: The voices that are not heard. The voices that must be heard.

4 comments:

  1. "the voices that are not heard, the voices that must be heard" that is THE reason you are on this amazing adventure, to put a voice to all of the Belizeans in need. I love reading your updates keep them coming. Cant wait to hear more about your dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your post and loving how happy you are! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to your mom, I know how to comment so I am asking for your phone number! Also, when is it best to try to call you? Your very envious, Aunt Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any unique flavors of ice cream? As for the fish eye, you have impressed me now.

    ReplyDelete