Monday, March 29, 2010

Cliff jumping what??????

So, as I said Yesterday we went to the river and bathed.. FABULOUS! The river was way more clean than I thought it was going to be! It was HOT out but the water was perfect. There was a bunch of people jumping off the cliff (which was about 30 ft) (aka HIGH) in to the water. I mentioned to someone that it was on my bucket list to jump and after a few minutes I was convinced that I too should jump. So after a crazy climb up these rocks I did it!! I went cliff jumping!!! crossed off number 14! I'm not going to lie, It was straight up amazing!
After we came back from the river we headed over the football field , which is just across the street from the hotel. And we had a kickball game. I was in the mood to relax (its hotttt) so myself and a few other people sat in the shade and watched. It was a good time. We ate at a place right across the street for dinner and we are all finally getting the little things down.

Example
If you ask for a burger you get a bun, lettuce, and tomato
if you ask for a hamburger you get a bun, lettuce, tomato, and ham
If you ask for a beef burger you get.. well what we call a hamburger
A chicken burger is shredded chicken.

Slowly but surly we are getting it.
This morning we had more training. A lot of training! This afternoon we had our introduction to survival Kriole. Oh man.. I suck at learning languages. I think I just need to stop being afraid to sound stupid and embrace it. I'm a white girl talking like I'm from Jamacia. I need to just go with teh flow! I was panicked at first but I think.. no I know it'll be ok. Whatever happens happen. I'll learn it when I learn it. I have 27 months to do so!

I promise pics will come soon!!!!!

love you all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment