Saturday, March 27, 2010

Finally here!

Alrighty!!!
I'm in Belize! Actually I have been for 3 days.. which honestly seems like 10 at least! It was kinda rough at first but I'm feeling way better now! The other trainees are amazing and we seem to be all getting along really well.
When we got here on Thursday we were met by a TON of volunteers at the airport and drive into Belmapan with them. After a amazing dinner(ps.. I still don't like beans.. WAH WAH) we moved into our home for the next week, the garden city hotel! It's something alright! So far I have only killed two big ugly bugs! But really we have air and tv so I'm not complaining at all! Friday we had training at the office all day, that was rough. I wasn't feeling too well and it was a longggg day.. but we all made it! :)
Today was way more fun! We went to Kriole village, it was a baboon secuary. AMAZING! I saw three black collar monkeys that were like a foot away from me! Even a baby (I'll try to post pics soon!) It was amazing and the people were even more amazing! We learned how to dance. I shockingly didn't but Katie, it was everything we thought it would be! It was Hot but a great day!

Tomorrow we have the day off and I'm looking forward to some down time. We are going to go swim in the river and play some kickball. Personally I'm looking forward to some reading and some letter writing!

In other news this Wednesday I'll find out what language I'll be learning, there are so many rumors about where we are going to end up it's hard to guess! But, next Thursday I'll be moving to my first home stay somewhere in Belize!

Sooo, all is well and you'll were right, I'm so glad I did this! It has already been an amazing experience I can't wait to see what is next!

2 comments:

  1. thats. awesome. end of story. Miss you lots already :) I WANNA SEE MONKEYS!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimberly you had better get to learning those dance moves. Dance is the number one way to connect with others. I should have taught you my moves before you left.

    So glad your doing well, keep the updates coming!

    PS I commented yesterday on your Dallas post and it didnt show up.

    ReplyDelete