Saturday, April 17, 2010

Oh Belize!!

So just when I thought I had the buses I was wrong!!!!
Now let me start at the begging, this weekend all us trainees were sent to visit current peace corps volunteers at their site to get a better idea of whats in store for us. I'm down with a current volunteer Emily! Its been great and it's nice to get away for the weekend! But as you all know this bus system is my kryptonite, I was the only one (openly) freaking out about the buses. Kaitlyn and I both had to get off in villages right before PG. Which meant we couldn't go on the express bus with volunteers going to PG. There was slight confusion and we ended up on a Dangria bus, which does not go all the way to PG... Wah Wah. But there was a current volunteer on our bus and once we got near Dangria we were going to stop the bus going to Pg and Kaitlyn and I would jump on. This part of the plan worked perfectly! We were on our way!!! 2 1/2 hours later when we were nearing our villages (she was getting off the bus about 20 min before me) it started storming pretty bad and was pitch black. The conductor on the bus got Kaitlyn there I was all alone. The conductor came and asked me about 5 times where I was stopping (we had explained we had never been there and didn't know where to get off) and I had a feeling he didn't know where i was going. At last he stopped and I got off the bus, in the dark, in the middle of I have no idea where, and Emily wasn't there.... I called her (thank goodness she got cell service the week before!!) and I definitely wasn't in front of the school I was supposed to be. I'm not going to lie I had a moment of panic.. but All was well, I was simple 5 Mins down the street and she walked and met me!
Long story short.. my worst nightmare came true and I'm all good! What an adventure, the way home should be much more simple since I know where I'm going, but I'm sure this won't be the last time I get off on the wrong stop..

I have no happy thoughts to leave you with today. Altough I have two quotes courtesy of my mom and my Aunt Pam:

~Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain

~BLOOM WHERE YOU ARE PLANTED

No comments:

Post a Comment