Monday, May 3, 2010

xunantunich!



Thats right I climbed my first Mayan ruin this weekend! Saturday was our "fun day" and our amazing tech trainer Ginny took us to xunantunich. It was more amazing that I could have ever imagined! I'm not going to lie I don't know much about it becuase I broke away from the tour as soon as possable to explore on my own. From the top you could see guatemala from the top! I spend a few minutes on the top sitting on the edge and than climbed down. The way down was much more scary than the climb up and I'm much more gradful for the safety equipment on the zipline at camp now! We were SO far up!!! After we got our fill we headed to san ignacio for lunch, what a cool town! after alittle exploring we heading back home but made a quick detour to spanish lookout for some meninate ice cream! Soft serve at that! It was amazing!! I'm not going to lie I eat more ice cream now than I ever did in the states! It's just so good!!! Belize is just so beaatiful I can't get over it!
Everything else here is going really well! This is our first week at our first host family and its so weird to think about! I feel like we just got here! Friday we find out where I am going to spend the next 2 years of my life. Than on Tuesday I'll meet my counter part and move to my new village!!! Any where I go I'll be fine with! My choices aren't too shabby! Training is going well I think I have learned a bunch!
Oh ok cool story. So while we were at the ruins we meet a man from dangriga (miss cass my teacher knew him) he was garfunia. I talked to him alittle bit (in garfunia) but he couldn't really understand me. I felt like an idiot. However I talked with Miss. Cass about it this morning and it turns out he couldn't understand me because I knew more than him!!! How cool is that!

Well this computer is about to die so I need to stop, I also don't have my happy toughts with me so next time!I will definatly post once I find out where I'm heading Friday! Enjoy your week!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment