Friday, May 7, 2010

Site assignment!!!!!!!!

Alright guys! After 6 LONGGGGG weeks I got my site assignment!!!!! I will be spending the two years in... drum role please..... HOPKINS!!!!!
I'll be working in Holy Family RC (romian Catholic) Primary school! I'm sooo Excited! My counterpart is the Princpale Mr. Wayne! And my next host family is a couple with kids and grand kids!! And at least for the first month I'll be once again living on the beach!!! Look up Hopkins because it is straight up amazing! And trust me as soon as you look it up you are all going to want to come visit me!
I'll write more about this maybe tomorrow or Sunday but Holy crap I'm excited!!! I couldn't ask for anything better!!!!

A happy thought for the day (not from Sarah, cause I don't have those with me!)
~He who laughs, lasts!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like good news!!! So happy for you. We will start making plans!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, you won't believe this but we were looking in the Balize book and it said the laungage you were learning was used in Hopkins, so we thought maybe that's where you are going and it is. It sounds really a great place, very very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kimmy, everytime I start to read your blog I dont wanna cause I get all excited and I want to just call you instead. Than after I call you there is no reason to read it. Do you see what a dilemna I'm in?!?!?!?!? I'll get to work on your earings :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear your excited about your placement! Time for me to start planning our trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, Mike and I watched an hour long special about the Mayan ruins in Belize just as you were touring them. It was really interesting, and they are still finding more deep in the jungle. Thirty percent of the land in Belize is protected due to the ruins and the wildlife, so it really is ahead of the curve in protections. We are both so interested in your life there and continue to read your blogs. I am preparing a package for you, so send some "wishes"! I am already including AAA batteries. Let me know what else you would like to receive....Love & hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete