Saturday, April 10, 2010

Training, training, training!!!!

Well, I dont have too much to say. Training is still going well. Living on the beach is just as amazing as you would think, and Training is much more busy than you would think. I can hold a small conversation and I'm think I'm starting to understand how to say things. However, I'm not going to lie, my classmates, Laura and Taylor get a good laugh when I talk, but we have fun and laugh all day.
We have started a tradation of picking up a freash pineapple for $1.50 ($.75US) and durring the day we cut it apart and chow all day. AMAZING!!!!
Everything is good here and my host "family" situation is improving so thats awesome!! :)

Sorry I'm slow with emails, and letter writing! I'm trying really hard this week to get better at it! I did get my first two cards this week!! How exciting!!!

Ok, My "Happy thoughts" from this week:

-Faith is an oasis in the heart which will never be reached by the caravan of thinking. Kahlil Gibran

-Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.

-I submit to you that if a man hasn't discovered somthing he will die for, he isn't fit to live. MLK Jr. (My favorite so far)

-Don't ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.
Harold Whitman (Also one of my favs!!)

-Let us love, not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

-The deep and the high go to the depth or to the height in a straight line; only the spacious can move in circles. Kahlil Gibran

Well I think that all for now!! I'm looking forward to emails!! (wink wink!)

2 comments:

  1. Love the one that starts...anyone can give up
    I still use my "happy thoughts" jar and these quotes are great too! Have a good week! Keep laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, Grandpa and I are in California. Had a good trip out. Love the news and pictures. This is just so great. Love you much.

    ReplyDelete