Wednesday, April 14, 2010

What a perfect night!

Ok, I don't have much to update you on, but here it is.
My week did have a semi exciting start to it. My wrist was acting up so our medical officer called me in to Belmopan to get X-rays on it. So I had language class in the morning and caught the 11:30 bus up to Belmopan. I almost got on the wrong bus but Managed to find the one I needed. As I got on and sat down I realized there were a few current volunteers on the bus. I didn't talk to them much but I felt better knowing that if I did anything too stupid I'm sure they would have called me out/helped me. Once I was in Belmopan PC took me to the Docs and good news! My wrist isn't Broke!! The bus home was a little more stressful only because I wasn't paying attention the first time I took a bus to dangriga, and was pretty sure but not completely sure that I was supposed to take the PG bus that stopped in dangriga. I asked like 14 people and finally got on the right bus. Now that I have rode the bus by myself I realize that it's totally not a big deal and I'm ready to go!!

Yesterday we had a first day at the school that we are at for training, Holy Ghost. We met with the Principal and learned all about the school. We than got assigned to a teacher that we will be working with over the next few weeks. I'm assigned to a infant I class which is like our Kindergarten! AWESOME! and oh man if my kids back in Livonia are anywhere near where this kids are this far in the year (which Mrs. Ryan I'm sure they are at least if not beyond!!!) I'm amazed at how much a 5 year old can learn in one year! This morning we went back and I sat back and observed and it was so great to be back near kids and in a school! I have missed it! Next week I'll start helping her more and getting more involved.

Over all I have had a pretty relaxing week and I'm loving Belize more and more each day!

That being said I leave you with some “Happy Thoughts”

~ We are all prisoners but some of us are in cells with windows and some with out. - Kahlil Gibran
~ Propriety is the least of all laws, and the most observed -Francis de la Rochefoucauld
-Propriety definition (provided by Sarah): the state or quality of conforming to conventionally accepted standards of behavior or morals.


Ok also, even tough I'm really bad at responding to emails I LOVE reading them.. so keep 'em coming and I promise to respond sooner or later!!!

3 comments:

  1. Ha, when you said Holy Ghost, the first thing that came to my mind was, hm, I wonder if they say holy ghost over there instead of holy crap and she's just getting used to it so she's beginning to use it. And then like 3 seconds later, I realized what you meant. Ahhhhh, thought I'd share that little thought process with you!

    Where you'll be working at sounds perfect! Enjoy the rest of your week!

    P.S. For some strange reason, I sometimes get embarrassed with the happy thoughts, haha :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah! Don't be embarred they are one of the best parts of my day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, well good! I'm glad they are serving their purpose successfully! I'm sorry that they are like 96% quotes, you know how I get carried away with those... ;)

    ReplyDelete