Wednesday, August 18, 2010

This is why you must live within 100FT of someone else...

What can I say I’ve gone blog crazy!!! But I have another great (ok it entertains me) story to tell! This one is about my freaking out and ends with a funeral…
Don’t worry I didn’t have to go to the Gambu Sandu (cemetery, and my favortie Garifunia word!) Now before anyone gets too upset let me inform you this funeral was for a mouse… a mouse that has been in my house for weeks…
So I walked into my kitchen to get a nice ice cold glass of ice water when I hear something in the trash can. It’s the mouse! As it was trying to jump out of the trash can I trapped it in with the lid… than freaked out! I managed to get my trashcan outside but.. What was I supposed to do now?!?! I know! Call Jenna! Well Jenna informed me what I already knew.. I needed to kill it or it would just find a way back in. So, as I’m on the phone freaking out I finally decided that I need to go get my neighbor. My neighbor is amazing, and she has a 23 year old son who is also amazing. I convince Jenna that this is good integration, relying on your neighbor! So as about to hang out and run next door that dang mouse gets out of the trash and runs off the porch!!
After a few I hang up the phone and calm down.. Knowing that the mouse is just going to find its way back in. Sure enough as I go to sit in my hammock that dang mouse runs across the porch and tried to get in my door (which was open and is a medal burglar bar door) out of panic. And by golly I got it! I swooshed its head in the door jam. But now what? I have a half dead mouse hanging from my door, and you know I’m not about to touch it! Derrick!!! Time to integrate!!!!
I run next door and into their house! Derrick looks a little shocked but I’m pretty sure they have been watching me the whole time and as soon as I explain that I have a mouse situation he starts walking to my house. Well he just grabbed it and pulled it out of the door. He decided its dead and starts walking to his back yard. You probably guessed it I’m still freaking out…I’m not sure how he made sure it was dead but he did. I then walked over and we dug and hole and threw it in. We then just kinda squatted and stared at it for awhile. I’m not really sure why, but I wasn’t really sure what to do. After a moment he made a joke about taking a pic and I realized I totally should have! We than buried it, I informed him that he was my hero and I owed him big, and we went on with our evening. It was an adventure, oh the things I’m learning!!! 
He doesn’t know it yet but he’s going to hate living next to me for 2 years.. I should keep track of everything I have him kill or remove from my house… I bet it’ll be a long list!
What would you do without amazing neighbors? Just another day in paradise!

No comments:

Post a Comment